Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yarn Along...

I've been reading the Small Things blog for awhile now and love looking at Ginny's photos and reading about her home life. Ginny is also a fabulous knitter and has been hosting weekly Yarn Alongs in which participants share what they're knitting and reading each week. This will be my first week participating.

Today I hope to finish up the World War II Watch Cap I started a couple of days ago. This will be a very belated Christmas gift for a favorite uncle.


I enjoyed knitting this hat so much for my husband back in October of last year and will probably knit it up again and again.

As far as reading goes I'm just about to finish Radical Homemakers: Reclaiming Domesticity from a Consumer Culture. This book is blowing my mind right now and giving me all sorts of ideas for how I want to live my life. If T and I could only figure out how to survive on one income, we'd be there. Mr. T will be reading this next.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Glad to see you on Yarn Along. I love that watch cap pattern; I use it often for charity hats, one of which I started while running to doctor's visits with my son last week. My shawl was too involved, so I grabbed my charity bag and took off.

My yarn along link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-8/

Sarah said...

What a great, masculine hat! I am going to add this to my queue!

Kathryn said...

Love your knits and what a great book, I'm going to have to check it out!

Wendy said...

Love that hat pattern--have yet to make it.

Radical Homemakers is one of my favorite reads ever--inspiring and life-changing!

Lydia said...

Thanks ladies! I've really been enjoying reading your blogs.

Laura of Harvest Lane said...

Your work looks great. Pretty color, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...