Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter Walks

Yesterday, T took me and Mr. S to what we call the Big Squirrel Park, not because it's full of big squirrels, but because it's Bayonne's biggest park and it's full of normal-sized squirrels. We bundled up in hats, coats and gloves, and S and I brought our cameras along.

There wasn't much to see. It's not as exciting as spring when everything's popping open and the songbirds have come back. But we did see some pretty things.

Frozen turtle pond:



Sea Gulls:


The Boardwalk and the ice around the bay:



We stayed in the park until the sun started to go down and our noses and cheeks were red and numb.

Then this morning, we woke up to a fresh blanket of snow; so S and I decided to take a little nature walk around our neighborhood.

We love snow-covered trees...



and puddle-filled alley ways:


and snow by the bay:



And we really love Bufflehead Ducks:

My next camera purchase will be a 400mm lens. Bayonne is a rich bird habitat. I've come upon so many herons, egrets, cormorants and ducks on my walks by the bay, and I can never quite get a good shot of them.

We're trying to enjoy these last few weeks of winter, but we're all really excited for spring.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

We finally got some snow here this week! Even though it's almost gone, I loved taking pictures of it. Your picture of the alley is great!

Lydia said...

I saw your beautiful snow pictures. It's absolutely gorgeous where you live!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...