Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Mr. S and I made Valentine cookies yesterday. I learned from my mistakes last month when I made a practice batch, and this time I used pasteurized dried egg whites and mixed the royal icing up much thicker. It was a sticky mess, and S and I had frosting and red food coloring all over us, but the final result was lovely.



Not only do these cookies taste scrumptious, but they look pretty too. They'd look prettier if I had a steadier hand and was a little more practiced with the decorating bag and tips.


Unfortunately, Mr. S is sick today and can't enjoy any of them. Nor does he feel like eating the little box of chocolates we gave him this morning as a Valentine's gift. I also got him a tiny pot of daisies to plant. Maybe later in the day when his fever is down, we'll get around to them.

Also yesterday I finished up another hat. This bulky knit button hat will go down South to my Aunt Betty along with the World War II watch cap I made for my Uncle Steve.


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...