Thursday, January 6, 2011

Finished Object: Laodice Shawlette



Over the Christmas break I finished knitting the Laodice Shawlette. This was a gift for my mother-in-law, who with her blue contact lenses will looking stunning in this shade. I used Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Deep Waters, a beautiful hand-painted wool yarn that comes in a big ol' hank of 462 yards.

This was my first time properly blocking something with lace pins, blocking boards and all (not my usual half-assed blocking by spraying my work with water and letting it dry). Thank you to my parents for letting me use their spare bedroom (and for helping me to keep all the pets out the room) to block for several days.




I have to say I love blocking...it's like magic and makes your knitting grow and grow.

The nice thing about this pattern is that it can be worn as a small shawl or as a scarf.



Knitting that little bit of lace edging has me itching to knit more lace. I see more shawls in my future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it Lydia! Can't wait to show it off at church!

sbo said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never sbobet
seem to get there! Many thanks.

Lydia said...

Sorry, can't help you SBO; I had no idea I was even listed in Yahoo News.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...