Sunday, October 17, 2010

Owlet

Finally finished the Owlet sweater for Seamus, and just in time for school photos too!




This sweater was so fun to knit. The pattern was perfectly written, clear and easy. (I will be purchasing more of Kate Davies beautiful patterns.) This entire sweater is knit in the round with bulky yarn, and it's so simple and fast to make I would totally recommend it for a beginning knitter. The hardest thing about this pattern was sewing on all 26 eyes/ buttons.





In fact it was so simple and fun that I made two of them. The first sweater fit Mr. S so perfectly that I knew it'd be too small before winter was finished. So, I made a second. Each one took only a week to make, and each one was knit completely on the train during my commute to work. (I think most of the other passengers think of me as crazy knitting lady by now.)

I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in bulky weight. Have I mentioned how in-love I am with Knit Picks? They have beautiful natural (and some luxury) yarns and are waaaaay cheaper than anywhere else. I use their yarn for nearly everything I knit.

Seamus has been so excited about this sweater. He kept telling me that he was going to make me a zebra sweater and that he'd already ordered the wool for it. And he's even more excited about the Stegasaurus hat I'm about to finish up for him. It makes me happy that he gets excited over knitwear. I know this won't last.

Next on the needles after the Stegasaurus hat: A World War II Watch Cap for Mr. T, a scarf for my friend Karen and then something warm for my head.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Lydia, that sweater is darling! Oh how I wish I could knit. I've tried a few times and just can't get the hang of it. Seamus is so adorable and he looks a lot like you I think.

Lydia said...

Thanks, Kimberly! I wish I were there to show you just how easy knitting actually is. What you do with scrapbooking seems waaay harder to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...