Monday, October 25, 2010

Finished Object: World War II Watch Cap



Finished up the hat Mr. T requested I make for him with the alpaca wool I purchased at the NJ Sheep and Wool Festival. This particular alpaca was such a luxury to knit up, and T is super-duper warm in it.



Mr. T wanted a traditional toboggan-style hat that had a lot of stretch and one that he could roll the sides up. The World War II Watch Cap was just what he was looking for. It was simple pattern to knit, taking only a couple of days.



On a side note...when researching local Community Support Agriculture (CSA) I came across an alpaca wool CSA. What a cool idea! I would say nice local wool is just as important as organic, local produce.

1 comment:

kathryn denham said...

Hi Lydia
The hat looks great. A question for you if you don't mind.
When you did the decrease did you simply knit every row decreasing 6 stitches each row? I can't decide if I should carry on in k6 p2 rib.
thanx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...