Monday, August 23, 2010

Sum-Sum-Summertime

The past few days in New Jersey have been rainy and cool, more like late September or early October. Feels like summer is over already, even though we officially have about a month left. Over the weekend FIT students moved back into the dorms, and the fall hours began at my library. Goodbye three day weekends, hello meetings, committees and reviews. Even though I love the summer, I also love the anticipation of fall. I'm excited about bringing out my cotton tights and wool cardigans and starting knitting projects for my guys. I've already bought blue and brown wool for a stegasaurus hat for Mr. S.

But we've had a lovely summer so far. Here are some of the day-to-day things we've been up to that I've not really posted about.

Playing in the park:






The waterpark! Bayonne has tons of these little parks, and the big park several blocks from our house just opened the nicest one yet:





Swimming in the Bayonne Pool:







Hunting for dino bones in the dog park:



No bones here, just lots of acorns, beads and rocks.



Even though I'm ready for fall, I hope we have a few warm, sunny weeks left. We have big outdoor plans next weekend. I won't say much because I don't want to spoil it, but I will give a hint about the place we're planning to visit...Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi and Cretaceous Era fossils all live here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...