Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Greetings from the Volunteer State

We've had a jam-packed past few days, fishing, swimming, camping and berry picking. On Tuesday we drove out to the Blue Hole, just down the road from T's Mom's place and saw some beautiful countryside along the way:




You can't visit the Blue Hole without jumping in. T and I each worked up the nerve to take the plunge into the icy waters. It always takes my breath away and wakes me up for the rest of the day.












Afterwards, we hiked up just above the main falls to a second water fall where T and I used to go salamandering back when we first started dating. Seamus had a big time throwing rocks and hunting for bugs, crawdads and salamanders. We saw mostly Mountain Duskies and their babies.






Later that evening we set up camp at Carden's Bluff with T's family. We got a spot right on the lake and fell asleep to the sound of lapping water.






Yesterday we drove to my parents' house, and on the way we stopped at Davy Crockett's birthplace.






The drive to Davy Crockett's birthplace is beautiful. T and I have always dreamed of retiring here:




Since coming to my parents' we've spent a lot of time in their garden. All Seamus wants to do is pick blackberries and raspberries. I gave him a bowl to collect some for a pie, but all the berries ended up in his mouth.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...