Saturday, May 8, 2010

Knitting on the Train

Even though Summer is on the way, and I usually find myself dropping my knitting once the weather warms up, I've had the urge to knit all the time lately. Cotton vests, cropped cotton sweaters, baby sweaters in bamboo yarn, short summery cream-colored dresses. Unfortunately, I only have time to knit on the train and during my one-hour-a-week knitting circle at work. So, I'll probably only finish one or two patterns the entire summer.

I finished up the Botanica Medallion Cardigan from last summer's Vogue Knitting a couple of months ago (took me about 9 months to finally bind off):





And now I've started the Fountain Lace Sweater published in Country Weekend Knits. Progress is s-l-o-w. My daily commute allows four rows of knitting round-trip. I've been working on this sweater for about two months now and am just finishing up the arm hole shaping on the back.




I liked this the vintage look of this pattern, reminded me of 50s high-waist shorts and pony-tails, which is exactly how I plan to wear it...if it comes off the needles before summer is over.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Your lace knitting looks beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...