Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wanna See Wonka?

I'm sorry to report that my request to take some pictures inside of Hasbro has been declined. For very obvious reasons, cameras inside of Hasbro are off limits. I was recounted a story of one intern who innocently took some pictures of his work space for a blog not unlike this one. Whether he knew it or not, there were some designs in the background of his pictures that got leaked. Long story short, the person was expelled from his school and black listed from the toy industry.

More bad news: My MacBook and the IMac at work do not support the file card that goes with our digital camera. So everyone will have to wait until I come home next Friday before I can post picture of the hotel and what little I get to see of Providence and Pawtuckett. I took pictures of my train ride as well to try and give everyone a sense of what its like going to and from New Jersey to Rhode Island.

One bit of news: On the way back from dropping off another intern who is staying in downtown Providence, me and the guy who gives me my regular ride back to the hotel found ourselves in the middle of a secret service road block. We were waved through and as we passed through noticed that we were passing a funeral home with a HUGE crowd of people waiting in line for what I assumed was a wake. Turns out we were driving past the wake for Senator Christopher Dodd's sister. In attendance were Nancy Pelosi and Vice President Joe Biden. That explains the secret service.

Three weeks to go until I'm back for good. I love working for Hasbro, but hate staying the hotel, not having a car, and not being able to be around my beautiful wife and boy. I miss them and look forward to coming home.

T.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am one proud aunt, just wanted you to know you are loved and prayed for everyday as well as your wife and son. great to hear all of you are doing great. things will get better just hang in there. all my love aunt s.

Lydia said...

Awww...we miss you too and can't wait to see you this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...