Sunday, June 7, 2009

More Fun in the Park

Seamus and I got up early this morning and went to the park while Mr. T slept. Then later after we saw Mr. T off to Rhode Island, we went to another park. The other park is right across the street from the Bayonne Municipal Pool, a place we plan on spending a lot of time this summer. Seamus was ready to jump right in once he saw all the other kids splashing and swimming, but we didn't come dressed for the ocassion. Maybe next weekend? We had fun swinging and sliding and running around anyway.









Seamus told me he was going to eat the tree bark. He was serious.



We found some sort of fruit bearing tree at the park and Seamus spent a long time gathering what he called limes.





We chased butterflies, squirrels, starlings, wrens and pigeons.





Then we came home and Seamus and his baby watched the Lion King together.




It wasn't as heart-wrenching saying good-bye to Mr. T this time, since we know what we're getting into. Still...I know what I'm getting into and I'm not looking forward to all the quiet nights alone (a few are ok but not all the time), the hustle and bustle of keeping the animals fed and walked and keeping me and Seamus fed and cleaned and well-rested, not to mention all the laundry, dishes, etc.

We're going to miss Mr. T as usual, but especially because it may be a couple of weeks before we'll see him again. Amtrak costs a small fortune, so it looks like Mr. T will be coming home on alternating weekends. Anyone want to come up for a visit and keep us company? Seriously. If you're want to visit NYC, we may have a futon or air mattress for you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully I won't be doing the alternating thing for the remaining seven weeks. I miss you guys! Love,

T.

Lydia said...

Let's hope. We miss you like crazy. But if you have to do the alternating weekend thing, we'll manage. We'll do lots of parks and zoos to keep our minds occupied.

Mary said...

Seamus sure does love being outside, doesn't he? These pictures and the ones form the last post are great!

Hopefully y'all will be able to work it out where T can get home nearly every weekend. Meanwhile we'll be looking for those last-minute cheap flights, just in case.

Love you!
Mom/Grandie

Lydia said...

Keep looking for those flights, Mom. I think T really will be doing the alternating weekend thing. He's got a lot to concentrate on this summer, and we both want good things to come from this internship.

I'd love to have company. I miss my family (and friends). You're welcome to come up any time.

Derrick, Kimberly and Aiden Morris said...

Lydia, you are amazing! I am not sure I would be holding it together as well as you are if Derrick was away from Aiden and I. You are my hero, I don't know how you do it all.

Lydia said...

Awww, Kimberly...thanks for the sweet words. I feel like I'm barely, barely holding things together up here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...