Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Official...

I got the job with FIT! I'm now working at the Gladys Marcus Library, and my new title is Access Services Manager (inflated job speak for Circulation Manager--also I manage inter-library loans). I've known for awhile now but didn't want to say anything until it was official. I start May 1st, and I'm super excited but also tremendously nervous since I've never been a departmental manager and have never managed a staff as large as this one (six part time circ clerks and 14 students). I'm also a bit nervous about having to learn a whole new automation system. Any library people familiar with ALEPH? I hear it's a little like Voyager.

The cool thing is...Mr. T and I will be going to the same place every day and can probably ride the train in together. Also, T's tuition will be free now and if I (or Seamus) wanted to attend FIT it would also be free for us. Great, great benefits all around, and very friendly co-workers. My hours are great...off at 4:00 everyday and three day weekends in the summer. I'm definitely going to love working in Manhattan again. I've moved from the Village to the Garment District. I think I'm going to like it here.

11 comments:

Mary said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you! You're going to do a great job!

Love you,
Mom

Rickety Rosie said...

WOO HOO!!! Way to go, Lydia!!

Love, Richda

Derrick, Kimberly and Aiden Morris said...

Oh Lydia, I'm so happy for you guys! I knew something amazing would work out for you. Big Hugs all around!!!

Lydia said...

Thanks guys! I've been so busy planning two dinosaur birthday parties, I've hardly had time to think today.

Music is sex said...

Woot! Woot! Glad to hear you'll be managing ILL stuff! Maybe one of my zillion and a half requests for random books will come to you!

Moni said...

Congratulations Lydia! That is awesome & i have no doubt that you will do a wonderful job! Wish I could be there to celebrate. Maybe a late celebration this summer if I get up there as I hope for another visit.

Anonymous said...

Actually you went from the Village to Chelsea. The Garment District if a bit further north between 34 and 40 something. Just so you know.

T.

Mazie Louise Montgomery said...

I'm so glad, Lydia.

Now knit me some booties and a cap in a unisex color.

Lydia said...

Thanks Moni! Hope you get to move up here soon.

Jere--You're probably the only student who uses ILL...hopefully I'll process one of them

Mazie--Will do! I have a cute kimono sweater that looks great in a unisex color too.

Amanda said...

Lydia, that's wonderful! I'm incredibly happy for you!

Kitty said...

Ok. I just cursed out loud when I read this!!! A very happy "Holy Shi#!! That is awesome. Great job AND free freakin' tuition. I am so very happy for you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...