Thursday, January 15, 2009

More snow today. Mr. S and I took an evening walk down the street. He stomped like a dinosaur all over the salted sidewalk, and I snapped pictures.







It's been a rough week at school for Mr. S...a face-first fall into the wood floor, two bites from other children--both of which left marks, and diarrhea all day yesterday. Yep, I had to leave work early on my last day to pick a sick Seamus up from day care. So I kept him home today and will probably do the same tomorrow. Even though his stomach's not back to normal, he's been his happy, playful self all day. I'd love to keep him home all the time, but I don't want to lose his spot in school. Also, I need the quiet, alone time to search for jobs. Starting next week, he'll go half-days. Despite the toddler warfare, he really loves it there. He's learning SO much from circle time and talks about his little friends all the time.

My last day at the New School was lovely. My bosses took me out for lunch at Gobo in the West Village. We ate amazing food. I had the Malaysian curried stew with pickled papaya. After we ate, they presented me with a sweet thank you card (with a Target gift card inside). I really enjoyed this job. It was never the least bit stressful; my co-workers were amazing; And I loved working at a university (especially one as nice as the New School).

Now I'm on to something else.

P.S. A week ago Seamus and I planted a Chia Pet, and now look...

3 comments:

Kitty said...

Looks like a very surprised Persian Chia.
Those kids need to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. There is a great song on there "Don't Bite your Friends". We joked with Sydney after she was bullied by my nephew that she should hit him in the nose if he pushes her and makes her bump her head. Now, when she hears his name, she says "...and I'll hit him in his nose if he hurts me. Right?"

Oh, dear. What have we done? Look out mean kids, Sydney hits noses.

Lydia said...

There is something to be said about standing up for yourself. Sydney's so sweet. I can't imagine anyone pushing her around.

Kitty said...

Oh, she has fight in her. Definately. Try putting her down for a nap. Prize fighter. World champ.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...