Monday, October 6, 2008

The stomach bug fairy paid a visit for my birthday. Mr. S came home sick from day care Friday. He was miserable. Fever, vomiting (only once thank goodness), diarrhea and all around ickiness. He's never really been sick before, just a runny nose here and there, and I knew he would end up catching some bugs at day care, but this soon?! I had to keep him home today because he was still contagious. So my birthday was spent carrying a sick baby all over the house. Like most sick babies, he wanted to be held as much as possible and would cry when I put him down. Usually, he's raring to go and doesn't want to be held unless it's bedtime and he's clinging to my neck. Most of Saturday he laid in my lap watching cartoons. I tried to let his fever go so his immune system could do its job, but once it reached 102.5, I gave him some Tylenol. This morning he seemed all better, but not me. I got the same yucky illness late last night, and spent most of the day trying to entertain a toddler from a horizontal position. I pretty much followed him around with a pillow and blanket and laid down where ever he decided to plant himself. He was a very sweet baby today. I think he liked the novelty of mama laying down. He even fed me crackers. After a hot bath this evening, I feel a lot better. Let's hope T doesn't fall sick, and let's hope that does it for the day care-borne illnesses for awhile.

5 comments:

Mary said...

What a picture you've painted! I'm so glad you and Mr. S are feeling better & that he was so sweet to you while you were under the weather. I worried about you all day yesterday. You've both been in my thoughts and prayers all weekend and into the week. Hopefully, the bug won't attack T and your household can get back to normal. Here's a hug!! Love you!

Derrick, Kimberly and Aiden Morris said...

I'm so sorry you guys have been sick. Hopefully that is the last you've seen of that awful stuff for a while.

Geoffrey said...

That's no fun, believe me. Last Christmas my niece gave nearly our entire family a similarly violent bug delivered from the bio-warfare unit of daycare. It all culminated on Christmas Eve, getting my sister and her husband, and both sets of parents very ill. We almost had to cancel all celebration. I was exposed, and made it out, so maybe Thomas will be lucky. You never really know, but at least it is over quick. Best wishes to all of you

Lydia Gwyn said...

I hope this is the last and only day care bug our household has seen.

Kitten DeClaude said...

Oh, wishing you health and Pepto. I hope Thomas wore a mask while you guys were percolating. I prefer the Darth Vader, but a well-weathered Nixon would be equally as effective.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...