Monday, October 13, 2008

Special Delivery

Just so you know, I forgot to make mention that my start date at Parsons is actually Thursday, not tomorrow. I did, however, have to make a trip into the city today to go to HR and turn in my paperwork and also visit with my supervisor to officially meet my new computer and workspace. Of course, I forgot to bring a void check to HR so they could set-up direct deposit, and when I ran all over the village trying to find a WaMu or a Chase that could give me my routing number, I got lost once and had to backtrack all over the place. I finally found a WaMu and, of course, they were closed for Columbus Day (though other banks were open). So now I have to trek all the back to Manhattan tomorrow just to take a little rectangular piece of paper to the 18th floor of 79 Fifth Avenue.

When I got home today, there was a mysterious package on my doorstep. Most mysterious, not because it was from my mother but because the mail didn't run today. My mother sent the package Saturday...it got here awfully quick. I still haven't figured this out. The package was full of clothes for Seamus, pretty much a whole wardrobe of gorgeous fall sweaters, corduroy pants and socks. There were also a ton of new books (which is great because we've read our entire library a hundred times over), some Mad Libs for me and two giant bags of M & Ms. Later my mom called to say that she had a whole case of diapers shipped to us from diapers.com that should be here tomorrow. I have the coolest mom. Thanks!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...