Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Finished Object

Last night I finished knitting a basic earflap hat for Mr. S. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Seamus has outgrown most of his clothes; this includes hats. I’ve been told the New Jersey winters are atrocious, so I wanted to make him something that would cover both his head and ears and would fasten under his chin, so as not to be easily removed by little hands. I made this one out of Paton’s Classic wool, a great all-purpose winter yarn that is sure to keep you warm. However, you could use any yarn as long as you remember to check your gauge. It was so simple a hat, it only took a few hours time to complete.

Now that I have time to myself during the day, and I’m not yet working (and the TV is broken), there’s plenty of time for knitting and writing. I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts.


5 comments:

Kitten DeClaude said...

Adorable hat. Is the pattern online. But honestly that kid could make anything look great. 2T, huh? Oh I love....wanna pinch....squeeze him.....kiss his wittle cheeks....
Sorry. I had a moment and I am better now. I just miss that little man. Syddie told me the other day that she wanted to go shopping with Lydia. She then told me several times while we were out that we should buy this or that for Lydia to have with her. SHe misses you, too. Project Runway was tonight. The final three are on their way to fashion week. I think next week is it unless they take a week off for the reunion show. I envy your time alone to ride the train. I think I just envy time alone. Sorry daycare is tough. You guys will get the hang of things.

Mary said...

Adorable--hat and baby! I suspect that hat would take me a bit longer than a few hours; it looks a bit more complex than a simple sweater or vest. Speaking of which, does Seamus need some more (sweaters and vests)? I have plenty of Patons Classic Wool in a variety of colors so just let me know.

Love you!
Mom/Grandie

Lydia Gwyn said...

Kitty, I miss Sydney too! Give her a big hug and smooch from me and Seamus and T too, while you're at it. The hat pattern is online. You can click on "basic earflap hat" in my blog post and it should take you there.

Mom, No kidding...the hat took me two hours Friday and three hours Monday. It was a cinch. Seamus always needs sweaters and vests, mostly sweaters.

Love you guys!

Derrick, Kimberly and Aiden Morris said...

That hat is fabulous, I love it!

Rickety Rosie said...

Sign that kid up as a baby model! The hat is great, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...