Monday, September 15, 2008

Unemployment Sucks

Had my job interview today. It was for a library job with Parsons. Got all dressed up in my little black dress and pointy-toed shoes (wore ballet flats on the train though). On the way to the light rail, a man much younger than me told me I was beautiful. My husband said the same when he met me and Seamus in the city. So I was feeling pretty good once I arrived for my interview. Interview went very well. It was very informal and the librarians I met with were nice and polite. The hours are great, the details of the job seem enjoyable. However, the job doesn't pay enough. Too bad because Parsons is a beautiful school in a great part of town with lots of cool shops.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh parsons! and i'm sure you were gorgeous, the ency of all those on the train. and in the city. the trouble with library jobs is that the money is never great, no matter which city you live in. but you already know that. hope something wonderful and well-paying comes knocking at your door soon.

Lydia Gwyn said...

Even though the job isn't for me, it felt nice to dress up, put on make-up and wear heels. Most days I'm in blue jeans and a t-shirt and covered in cookie mush or bananas. A shower isn't always a sure thing. Parsons was so cool. I'd love to live in that area of the city.

Derrick, Kimberly and Aiden Morris said...

You are beautiful! I was in awe the last time I saw you hehe. Hopefully something will come along soon. When dose Seamus start daycare?

Lydia Gwyn said...

October 1st is his start date. Let's hope a good job comes along before then.

Rickety Rosie said...

I'm sorry you don't think it would be workable, but at least the interview proves that jobs are out there. The right one is still waiting for you.

Lydia Gwyn said...

Thanks Richda! I may end up taking the job anyway. Some money is better than none.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...