Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My little Mr. S starts day care tomorrow. We visited today, so it'll be fresh and familiar in the morning. I've been feeling sick to my stomach about it, but Seamus has been just fine. He's already made friends with a boy named Alex and a girl named Princess (no joke). He actually cried when we left today. He'll be going for six hours a day until I find a job. This was the only way to secure his position in this day care. I hate that I'll be home while someone else takes care of him, but I won't be twiddling my thumbs. At least this will give me more time to devote to job-searching, or if by some miracle someone wants to interview me, I won't have to wait for T to come home from school. Seamus loves other children, and I know he'll have fun this particular school. The teachers are amazing, and the children all seem so happy. This was not the case with another day care we looked at. I'm going to be a complete wreck tomorrow, however. I started crying when I packed his lunch tonight.

Still undecided about the Parsons job. With the economy in the state it's in, I'm thinking I should take whatever work I can find at this point. I have until tomorrow noon to make a decision.

6 comments:

Kitten DeClaude said...

I'm sad for you. I know you will be sick with mommy feelings when you leave him. I will be thinking of you tomorrow (wait I already do every day). Tonight Syd and I went through yarn and she got to tell me which were her favorites (all of them) and which ones were softest. I got sad when I saw all the yarn you gave me. I miss you bunches and would love to have your address. Keep your chin up. Love you all.

Lydia Gwyn said...

I miss Syddles. Be glad you can stay home with that sweet baby. Even though we haven't even started day care yet, I can tell it's going to suck for me.

I miss knitting night. Now I watch Project Runway all alone. I think of you all the time, but espeically Wednesday nights at nine.

Mary said...

Hugs to you! I remember the first time I left you and your brother at day care. I worried and fretted all day. When I picked you up, you didn't want to leave your friends but you were glad to see me. I think you've got it right; this'll be harder on you than him. Love you!
Mom/Grandie

Rebecca said...

oh no. i've heard that most day cares want the children there everyday. or at least, will charge you for the whole week whether you leave your child or not. is the cost a great deal higher there, than here? or was he not in DC in JC?

good luck with the parsons decision.

Lydia Gwyn said...

Most DCs in this area are significantly higher than in JC. Although Seamus was never in DC in JC. However, Bayonne is a lot cheaper than places like NYC or Hoboken (there are some DCs there that charge $2000/month). This DC is actually a little cheaper than the ones in JC, and I'm VERY happy with the staff so far.

Rickety Rosie said...

Seamus will be just fine, and so will you - this will give you some uninterrupted time to write!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...