Thursday, September 25, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

I was just offered the Parsons (the New School) job I interviewed for last week. I'm very much on the fence about this one. It's a library job, working for the digital reserves library, helping with their backlog of data-entry. However, it doesn't pay nearly enough to cover day care, rent, transportation, insurance, etc., but on the other hand, it beats the alternative, which at this point is working as a waitress. However, if I were working as a waitress (or a cashier or telemarketer), I could quit my job at the drop of a hat if I were offered a better paying one. The job at Parsons is a contract position, and it's also a temporary position (just for this semester). To make matters worse, the contract is non-renewable. There are some benefits, which I'm going to call about tomorrow. If they offer insurance (cheaper than what I'm paying now), I may actually take this job. Although, T and I will have to have help from our families to make ends meet. I've got until Monday to think about it.

The cool thing about Parsons, aside from Project Runway and the possibility of running into Tim Gunn, is it's FIT's big rival.

Speaking of FIT, T must wear his nice suit to class on Monday so he can look presentable when the toy design students go to meet the President of FAO Schwartz. They met with the Vice President of K'nex today. This program is amazing. At this very moment, T is sitting at his drafting board drawing the coolest top-secret outdoor toy.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

yucko. what a decision to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...