Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It’s been five days with no internet. This combined with the fact that I don’t yet have a key for my mailbox leaves me feeling disconnected from the world. It’s hard to search for jobs without internet access. It’s hard to keep in touch with far away friends and family. I’ve been calling my mom a lot. I’ve been writing little bits and pieces in my blog as well. Once I find wi-fi, or establish an internet connection (whichever comes first), I’ll post all of these entries at once. T had orientation today. Came home with a phone book sized manual from the Toy Design Department. His schedule is brutal. Some nights he won’t be home until 10 p.m., and his only day off is Sunday. That’s right, class on Saturday. Poor T.

I walked all over Bayonne today. Running errands. Seamus and I transferred the power to my name. There was almost a problem with this transaction because I forgot my lease, but then when I showed the teller my Tennessee ID she became instantly friendly and winked me on through. This has happened a couple of times now. Bayonnians seem thrilled to have someone from so far away move into their town. After the power board, Seamus and I played in the park. There were a couple of bratty little girls on the swings next to us. Seamus watched their interactions and ultimate meltdowns intensely. (I worry about what type of bad behavior he’ll see in day care.) This park, like many of the parks in Bayonne, has a little water park. I think tomorrow we might run around in it. Even though the weather has been quite pleasant, it gets terribly hot walking around all day. I’m starting to miss my car. However, I’ll probably be in great shape by Fall.

By the way, I really miss everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...