Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good Old Boy

Yesterday I was reading to Seamus from his Child's Treasury of Poems (thanks Alastair and Oliver) when I came across this little gem:




Bonny lass, pretty lass, wilt thou be mine?

Thou shalt not wash dishes,

Nor yet serve the swine;

Thou shalt sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam,

And thou shalt eat strawberries, sugar and cream!





I read it to Thomas this morning and told him this was how he should have proposed to me. I think I'll hang it on the refrigerator now.



On a completely different note, I've just found out that two of my stories will be published in reputable journals soon. Details will be forthcoming closer to publication date. Also, Seamus's tooth has finally broken the surface and it's sharp as a puppy's. He's been breaking it in by chewing on blankets and stuffed animals. His tooth came in the same day he turned 5 months old. And…he weighs over 20 pounds now! A lady at work says this makes him a little hoss. It's a good thing too because he now fits into his Dukes of Hazard t-shirt which is sized for 18 months. Thank God for vegan breast milk.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...