Thursday, August 16, 2007




Seamus is four months old now and eating his first solid foods (rice cereal mixed with breast milk). He's becoming more social and smiles and laughs at everyone he meets, and if you put your face up close to his he will goo and babble out the most remarkable baby conversation. Thomas and I are starting to get the hang of parenting, work and marriage. I write in the mornings before Seamus wakes up and I do dishes and laundry (although Thomas will say he does all the dishes and laundry) at night before bed. We're becoming more confident at this parenting business everyday. Milestones for this month were: rolling over front to back, passing an object from one hand to the next, sitting with light support, turning head toward sounds, and laughing at a Tom and Jerry cartoon. This last one isn't so much a milestone as it is a good sense of humor.

Seamus also loves to grab noses and ears:




Once the dust of new parenthood settled, I actually found time to knit Seamus a sweater. It's a simple raglan sweater sized for 12 months and made of a cotton/cashmere blend:


I had forgotton just how much I love to knit. I hadn't touched my needles since I was pregnant when I attempted to make Seamus an aran sweater and ran out of yarn on the last sleeve. I'd used a hard to find yarn; so the aran sweater will now be adjusted to an aran vest. Here's what I have so far:



All this knitting has me wanting to challenge myself. I've decided I'm going to learn fair isle knitting, and I'm going to start with the Road to Golden pullover (for me) from the recent issue of Knit Scene.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...